Syracuse, NY – December, 2016 – Grossman St. Amour CPAs is hiring an Audit Supervisor.
The successful candidate is a licensed CPA with 3-5 years of audit experience in public accounting. The individual must possess excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills and be self-motivated and detail oriented. The successful candidate should be able to prepare financial statements as well as possess the ability to assist with the audit process from start through issuance. The individual should be familiar with accounting pronouncements and have experience in performing accounting and auditing research. Familiarity with nonprofit and governmental entity audits is a plus. Travel is minimal. Top salary, benefits and bonus apply. Advancement potential.
Reports to: Audit Manager or Audit Partner, depending on client engagement
Supervisory responsibilities: Provide oversight of staff when applicable on an engagement
Education and experience level: 3-5 years of applicable staff level work experience and successful completion of the CPA exam.
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to see audit process through from start to finish
- Able to plan engagements based on risk assessment – control, fraud and inherent
- Identify situations when deviation from/addition to planned procedures is appropriate
- Provide training to staff when specific skill sets are required
- Communicate directly with client on a regular basis, in a professional manner
- Keep manager and/or partner updated on any issues and progress throughout engagement
- Ensure financial statements are prepared timely
- Make sure other reports are prepared and forward them to the manager/partner for review
- Review staff work to ensure it is properly documented and all significant risk areas have been addressed
- Provide review notes and feedback to staff regarding work performed on a timely basis
Grossman St. Amour CPAs PLLC is a central New York CPA firm of 40 people who provide individuals and businesses with accounting, audit, taxation, business planning and valuation, financial planning, and fraud prevention and deterrence services. Located in the historic Armory Square district of Syracuse, New York, the Firm has served central New York for 60 years. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining professionals who have the combination of technical know-how, client service expertise, and organizational team building skills. Our adherence to high quality practice management standards results in our attracting and retaining the best talent in our market.
Firm Contact Information
Grossman St. Amour Certified Public Accountants PLLC
110 West Fayette Street
One Lincoln Center, Suite 900
Syracuse, NY 13202
Attn: Human Resources
All correspondence will be handled on a confidential basis.