Grossman St. Amour CPAs, PLLC is growing and we are looking for qualified CPAs to join our audit and tax teams of professionals! Come work at a public accounting firm with a diverse client base in a relaxed, open-door, cutting-edge environment.
Education and Experience Level
Certified Public Accountant with 2+ years’ experience in public accounting in audit is preferred. Salary commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
- Become familiar with firm policies and procedures
- Understand professional standards and applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Prepare complete and accurate client matter documentation
- Understand the basic file structure of a client matter
- Cooperate with others to achieve team/office goals
- Be open and approachable and seek new responsibilities and challenges
- Respond positively to instruction and feedback
- Gather appropriate evidence using effective client inquiries, test of details and basic analytical procedures.
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA and when assigned to governmental engagements, the GAO and GASB.
- Prepare complete and accurate supporting documentation.
- Obtain exposure to the types of financial statements engagements offered by the firm.
- Performing a financial statement audit engagement or segments of audits under the supervision of more experienced professionals.
- Understand the basic file structure of an engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with necessary 150 credit hours
- Current CPA certification
- 2+ years of audit experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with ProSystems Engagement software is a plus
If you are a licensed CPA interested in joining a progressive public accounting firm, please send a letter of inquiry and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Grossman St. Amour CPAs PLLC
Grossman St. Amour CPAs is a central New York CPA firm that provides individuals and businesses with accounting, audit, taxation, business planning and valuation, financial planning, investment consulting, and fraud prevention and deterrence services. Located in the historic Armory Square district of Syracuse, New York, Grossman St. Amour CPas PLLC has served central New York for over 60 years. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining professionals who have the combination of technical knowledge, client service expertise and organizational team building skills. Our adherence to high quality practice management standards results in our attracting and retaining the best talent in our market.
Firm contact information:
Grossman St. Amour Certified Public Accountants PLLC
110 West Fayette Street
One Lincoln Center, Suite 900
Syracuse, NY 13202
All correspondence will be handled on a confidential basis.